Thursday, February 9, 2012

Project Objective + Timeline

My objective is to use graphic design to augment, alter environmental experiences to provoke a specific audience into awareness and support for Literacy KC. I will include both negative and positive experiences despite their downside because I believe that inspiring negative feeling will resonate with the viewers more so than strictly positive experiences. To do this, 2 of my environments will focus on negative emotions with 1 positive and call attention to the contrasting feelings. Literacy KC's mission is to advance literacy among adults through services, advocacy and collaboration for the 225,000+ illiterate adults in the Kansas City area. My project will attempt to inspire tutors, volunteers and donations for the organization. While finalizing my environments and prototyping, I will get face-to-face contact with Literacy KC members to develop, strengthen and verify their intentions and the true emotions of the individuals they target (and how they do it). My intended audience are those with the ability to teach, donate or volunteer in Kansas City (public) and can be experiences alone or with a number of people depending on the capacity of the space/location. To do this, I will design installation-like environmental experiences that will be promoted by giving the audience a glimpse at what it feels like to be an illiterate adult. The promotional materials I will produce at the end of the project will hint at the experience without giving the intended emotion or meaning away. These will also be used in the actual environment as a prompt and call to action.

I have updated my timeline to adjust for proper planning and prototyping that will establish firm directions for all three environments before the actual creation. This will happen within the next two weeks and include detailed drawings and digital renderings (this will include sensory factors like sound, temperature, and light). of the spaces as well as plan the materials needed to make them. Hopefully, this will ensure that I have my bases covered before trying to tackle their construction. I have left the last five weeks timeline as is from previous posts.




No comments:

Post a Comment